New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Starting a Student Council

Student Councils are the elected student governing/representative bodies of an individual school or college recognized by the school or college for that purpose, or the Inter-Greek Council (IGC), the Inter-Residence Hall Council (IRHC), or the Off-Campus Student Council (OCSC) which are officially recognized by the University Committee on Student Life (UCSL) or the Student Senators Council (SSC). Their funding comes from the school, college or administrative unit they are affiliated with and their advisor is affiliated with their school, college or administrative unit. The councils are self-governed. The starting of any new student government body requires approval by the UCSL/SSC. For a directory of student government offices go to:

NYU Footer