Diversity Internship & Career Preparation (D.I.C.P.) Program
The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development and the NYU Center for Multicultural Education & Programs are proud to present the Diversity Internship & Career Preparation Program (The D.I.C.P. Program).
Applications now available! Deadline: September 30, 2012
Apply on NYU CareerNet, Job ID: 867816
This comprehensive, undergraduate career development program is designed to prepare and promote NYU's historically underrepresented sophomores and juniors. The D.I.C.P. Program aims to assist you in developing your job searching and networking skills; improve your resume and cover letter writing skills; and strives to empower you to find that dream internship for summer 2013!
Why YOU Should Apply Today!
- Be referred to hundreds of internship opportunities
- Learn about career options through Recruiter in Residence sessions and employer site visits
- Gain professional skills and networking experiences including Networking Night, Diversity Breakfast, and more
- Build confidence and self-marketing skills through mock interviews
- Receive on-going counseling and support
- Undergraduate Sophomore or Junior student at NYU or NYU-Poly. All majors welcome.
- Motivated and committed to developing your career
- African American/Black, Arab American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic American, Native American/
- American Indian/Alaskan Native, and Biracial/Multiracial students strongly encouraged to apply
- Students of all backgrounds including race, gender, sexual orientation, military affiliations are eligible to apply
- Attending NYU or NYU-Poly in NYC during Fall 2012 (Spring 2013 Abroad is fine)
D.I.C.P. Info Sessions
For more information, please attend one of The D.I.C.P. Program Info Sessions on:
- 9/7, 12pm-1pm, NYU Poly Jacobs Building Room 359
- 9/11, 11am-12pm, Wasserman Presentation Room A
- 9/21, 12:30-1:30pm, Wasserman Presentation Room B
- 9/25, 5:30-6:30pm, Kimmel Room 805
RSVP CareerNet recommended but not required.
Upon acceptance mandatory attendance at one orientation will be required