New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167 and/or New York University require that all students (graduate, undergraduate, transfers, and returning students who, to date, have not complied) taking six or more credits in a degree-granting institution must provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella and acknowledge receipt of information regarding meningococcal disease or provide proof of meningococcal vaccine.
If you are not in full compliance, New York State requires that the University exclude you from attending classes 30 days after the first day of class for New York State residents and 45 days after the first day of class for out-of-state and international students.
Failure to comply with the requirement will result in the following:
You are exempt from immunization requirements if any of the following apply:
Should you enroll for more than six credits or change to an on-site program, you will be required to comply.
Please keep a copy of your completed immunization forms and bring them with you to campus in the event there has been a problem with receipt of your information.
1. Completion of the Student Health History form*
* New incoming Fall students may access the form beginning in June.
2. Completion of the Student Immunization History form (Health Care Provider’s signature required)
Must provide one of the following to comply with this requirement:
Undergraduate Students: Date of vaccination for Meningoccal Meningitis.
Graduate Students: Acknowledgement that you have received information about the disease for Meningococcal Meningitis.
* If you are over 21 and NOT living in a residence hall, you may petition to be excluded from this requirement by completing the Meningitis decline section on the Student Immunization History form.
3. FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY - Completion of AlcoholEdu® for College, an online course on alcohol and other drugs (students will receive an email in mid-July with more detailed information and instructions).
4. FOR NEW UNDERGRADUATE, GRADUATE, AND TRANSFER STUDENTS - Completion of Think About It, an online training course on sexual misconduct. This online course examines the interconnected issues of healthy relationships, substance abuse, and sexual violence, among other topics, through a variety of scenarios and guided self-reflection. (Students will receive an email in mid-July with more detailed information and instructions).
726 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Suite 336
New York, NY 10003
Telephone: (212) 443-1199
Fax: (212) 443-1198
You must contact us immediately to resolve the issue and ensure that you will not be de-enrolled. We are available by phone at (212) 443-1199, by e-mail at email@example.com or in person 10am-6pm, Monday-Friday at:
Student Health Center
Immunization Record Services
726 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Room 336
* Do not wait until the last minute. Processing the information takes some time. *
Submit required documentation to:
NYU Student Health Center
Immunization Record Services
726 Broadway, Room 336
New York, NY 10003-9502
Or fax to (212) 443-1198.