Who is Eligible?
Students are eligible to enroll in an NYU-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan if they are:
- registered for one or more credits in a degree-granting program at NYU;
- maintaining matriculation (completing certain academic programs and not enrolled in classes);
- students with F-1 or J-1 visa status;
- on a leave of absence approved by their school’s dean’s office and were covered by a school-sponsored plan during the previous semester;
- post-doctoral research trainees/fellows, paid by NYU on stipends (code 542) or paid directly by external sponsors;
- dependents of an insured (spouse/domestic partner and children up until age 26).
Students are eligible to continue their coverage under a school-sponsored plan for a maximum period of 6 months after graduation.
Mandatory Plan (PDF)
Mental Health (Inpatient and Outpatient)
Exclusions from Coverage (PDF)
Coverage dates for the Student Health Insurance plans. Learn more...
Preferred Provider Networks
Seeking care from in-network providers ensures maximum benefits and minimal out-of-pocket expenses. Learn more...