New Requirements for Entering NYU Buildings
TO: ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL IN RESEARCH BUILDINGS (see list below)
Sabrina Ellis, Vice President for Human Resources;
Jack Briggs, Vice President for Global Resiliency and Security;
Dr. Carlo Ciotoli, MD, Assoc. Vice President for Student Health
DATE: June 4, 2020
On Monday, June 8, we are establishing new health and safety protocols for entering the 16 buildings where NYU researchers are working. We are putting these protocols in place to protect the health of all building users and occupants as we begin to ramp up research activity on campus in certain buildings.
All the occupants of these buildings will be required to follow these protocols.
Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check
Starting Monday, June 8, all those working in one of the listed buildings will need to complete a brief COVID symptom check each day before entering the building. It is most easily done on a smartphone, but can also be done on a computer.
After completing the daily symptom check, you will receive either a clearance to enter an NYU building (“YOU MAY REPORT TO WORK”) or be directed not to report to work and to contact your supervisor and a healthcare provider.
We will provide more information on the health questionnaire shortly. In the meantime:
- Those with a smartphone should download the "NYU Mobile" app (Android and Apple). The questionnaire will soon appear in the app. There will also be a web-based version.
- Each person will need a thermometer. The daily questionnaire requires daily temperature-taking. Anyone not having a thermometer should purchase one right away.
All those in NYU buildings must wear face coverings that cover the wearer’s mouth and nose while inside. Individuals may only remove their face coverings if:
- They are working alone in single-occupancy spaces;
- They are eating (they must maintain physical distancing while doing so);
- They have an accommodation that precludes their wearing a face covering.
Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity to request an accommodation if you have underlying health conditions that precludes wearing a face covering.
In entering buildings, in transiting through them, and in work spaces, all staff — including DPS Officers — should maintain social distancing: a six-foot (two meter) radius between individuals.
We are putting these mandatory protocols in place to keep each other safe; we want every Public Safety Officer to be mindful that everyone has a responsibility to aid the overall effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our hope and expectation is that everyone will comply with the new rules for everyone’s sake. Nevertheless, the University has established a confidential email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where people can report noncompliance.
List of Affected NYU Facilities
These new protocols apply to personnel working in the following buildings:
- 12-16 Waverly Place: 12-16 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- 137 East 25th Street: 137 East 25th Street, New York, NY 1001
- 2 Metrotech: 2 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Rufus Smith: 25 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- 370 Jay Street: 370 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- 665 Broadway: 665 Broadway, New York, NY 1001
- 726 Broadway: 726 Broadway, New York, NY 100
- Basic Science: 433 1st Avenue, New York, NY 1001
- Brown: 29 Washington Place, New York, NY 1000
- Dibner Library: 5 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Meyer: 2-6 Washington Place, New York, NY 1000
- Rogers Hall: 6 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Schwartz: 345 East 24th Street, New York, NY 1001
- Silver Main: 100 Washington Square East, New York, NY 1000
- Waverly: 24 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- Weissman: 421 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10010