Important Additional Information About Accessing Research Buildings
THE NYU RESEARCH COMMUNITY
ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL IN RESEARCH BUILDINGS (see list below)
Jack Briggs, Vice President for Global Resiliency and Security
Dr. Carlo Ciotoli, MD, Assoc. Vice President for Student Health
As we have written to you previously, there will be new requirements in place on Monday, June 8 to enter the NYU facilities that are part of the ramp-up of research activity (please see the list of buildings at bottom). These requirements, including the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check, apply to all those working in the building.
This memo provides additional detail about the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check, and brief reminders about the other requirements.
Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check
First Things First
- This brief set of questions is most easily answered on a smartphone through the NYU Mobile app (Android and Apple), so we advise you to download it. If for some reason you cannot use the NYU Mobie—eg, lack of a smartphone—you can answer it on the web.
- You should complete the Symptom Check before you leave for work (if you do not receive an authorization upon completion, there is no sense in having traveled to the office.)
- You will need a thermometer handy—temperature taking is part of the Symptom Check.
Using the NYU Mobile App to take the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check
- Open the NYU Mobile App on your device.
- Tap the button for "See NYU Coronavirus Information".
- On the next screen, tap the button for "COVID-19 Symptom Check".
- Enter the requested information and answer all the questions.
Using the Web-based Version of the Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check
- Navigate to the Research and Laboratory page in the NYU Coronavirus hub.
- Click on the button for "Daily COVID-19 Symptom Check".
- Enter requested information and answer all the questions.
Receiving Authorization to Proceed to Work or Being Directed to Your Healthcare Provider
- Immediately after completing the Symptom Check, you will receive a date-stamped email stating either you may proceed to work (in green) that day or directing you to your healthcare provider (in red).
- It is this email that Public Safety Officers will ask to see at the building entrance, either on your phone's screen or in printed form.
- Do not proceed to your workplace if you do not receive the green authorization.
Reminders of Other Requirements
- You must wear a face covering to enter and while working in an NYU building.
- You must maintain social distancing—a minimum of six feet (two meters) between yourself and others inside NYU facilities.
List of 16 Affected NYU Facilities
- 12-16 Waverly Place: 12-16 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- 137 East 25th Street: 137 East 25th Street, New York, NY 1001
- 2 Metrotech: 2 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Rufus Smith: 25 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- 370 Jay Street: 370 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- 665 Broadway: 665 Broadway, New York, NY 1001
- 726 Broadway: 726 Broadway, New York, NY 100
- Basic Science: 433 1st Avenue, New York, NY 1001
- Brown: 29 Washington Place, New York, NY 1000
- Dibner Library: 5 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Meyer: 2-6 Washington Place, New York, NY 1000
- Rogers Hall: 6 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 1120
- Schwartz: 345 East 24th Street, New York, NY 1001
- Silver Main: 100 Washington Square East, New York, NY 1000
- Waverly: 24 Waverly Place, New York, NY 1000
- Weissman: 421 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10010