Safety and Preparedness at NYU
These pages provide information and resources to learn more about preparing for an emergency situation. The University is committed to maintaining the safety of our community.
Being safe is a partnership between students, faculty and staff. Trained experts address fire safety, lab and hazardous material safety, campus safety and security, and emergency preparedness. Maximizing your safety where you live, study, work and travel also requires you to take an active role by being informed, prepared, and aware.
During emergencies, the latest information will be communicated on the Information Alerts webpage and through blast messages via email and text to mobile devices.
To receive emergency emails, you must have an active NYU email address and/or have provided an alternate email address via one of the methods listed below. To receive emergency text messages, you must provide a cell phone number. To change or enter your cell phone number or email, follow the steps below to update your information.
If you are an affiliate (non-NYU student or employee), please contact your sponsor, supervisor or department administrator.
If you are an NYU student, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- log into NYUHome
- Log in to Albert, click Student Center and scroll down to "Personal Information."
- Under "Contact Information," click "Cellular Phone" and then update the "NYU Emergency Alert" phone type.
- Click the "email addresses" tab to update your e-mail addresses on file.
For NYU employees:
If you are an NYU faculty or staff, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- Log into NYUHome
- Select the Work Tab
- Select the PeopleSync Login
- Once logged in, click on your name on the upper right hand corner, and select View Profile
- Select the Contact tab and click Edit
- For Home Contact information, update your address and phone numbers as needed. All details are kept confidential and will not be published.
- For Work Contact information, you may edit or add an additional work cell phone but the Primary Work Location, Phone, and Email Address should not be edited as these are automatically updated.
- NOTE: You must select 'mobile' as the Phone Device type in order to receive SMS (text) messages on your phone.