Safety and Preparedness at NYU
These pages provide information and resources to learn more about preparing for an emergency situation. The University is committed to maintaining the safety of our community. Being safe is a partnership between students, faculty and staff. Trained experts address fire safety, lab and hazardous material safety, campus safety and security, and emergency preparedness. Maximizing your safety where you live, study, work, and travel also requires you to take an active role by being informed, prepared, and aware.
During emergencies, the latest information will be communicated on the Information Alerts webpage and through blast messages via text, email or voice message to mobile devices.
If you have an NYU NET ID, you will automatically get these alerts. If there have been changes to your cell phone number or email, follow the steps below to update your information.
If you are an NYU student, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- log into NYUHome
- go to Albert, Student Center, Personnel Information, Contact Information, and click on the "Email/Cell Phone/Fax" link under the "Personal Profile" section.
If you are an NYU faculty or staff, update your cell phone number or email by taking the following steps:
- log into NYUHome, then
- click on the Work tab, then
- click on the ePass Employee Self-Service channel
- login to ePass with your NYUHome login and password
- click on ePass Employee Self Service and update your cell phone in the Home Information section. Your number will be kept confidential.