New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Veterans Benefits

  • After the veteran has completed the paperwork through the VA website, a Certificate of Eligibility Letter (COE) will be mailed, indicating the chapter and eligible benefit(s).
  • If the student is the veteran, they will also need to submit Discharge Document papers (DD214). In order for a service member to be entitled to their benefits they must be honorably discharged.

  • When the student/veteran has been accepted by their selected school they should meet with their academic advisor and registering, the COE can be scanned and emailed directly to the NYU Certifying Official or faxed to 212-995-4154 Attention: NYU Certifying Official.
  • All veterans are expected to reach the objective (bachelor's, master's, doctorate or certificate) authorized by the VA with the minimum number of points required.
    • The VA may not authorize payments for credits that are in excess of scholastic requirements, that are taken for audit purposes only, or for which non punitive grades are received.

  • School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SPS) offers Non-Credit programs. For certificate advisement please contact SPS.
  • Veterans are advised to review the VA website to see if the program is approved. 
    • If the veteran is interested in a program that is not approved, please contact the NYU Certifying Official.
    • Programs that are not approved require the approval from the State Approving Agency which determines the eligibility of certificate programs.

Please note

Yellow Ribbon Information
NYU Footer