New York University Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Navigation Skip to Sub Navigation

Forms, Policies and Procedures

For Students

  • For drop/add transactions that cannot be processed via Albert for exceptional reasons. 
  • Not for requesting "term withdrawals" (withdrawing from all courses within a term) or a leave of absence. See below Term Withdrawal section for more information.
  • Advisor and/or department signatures are required; forms will not be accepted without required/authorized signatures. 
  • Deliver completed form to the Student Services Center or StudentLink. 
  • Questions? Contact us!

  • Students can create and manage guest users only on the Albert Mobile website, which is accessible from desktop browsers as well.
  • Students have the option to provide other individuals (proxies) access to the following information from their Albert records:
    • Account Activity (view only)
    • Advisor Information (view only)
    • Class Schedule (view only)
    • Contact Information (view and update)
    • Emergency Contacts (view and update)
    • Exam Schedule
    • Financial Aid (view only)
    • Grades (view only)
    • Graduation Status (view only)
    • Holds (view only)
    • Shopping Cart (view only)
    • To Dos (view only)
    • Unofficial Transcript (view only)
    • View/Pay What I Owe (without access to eSuite)
      • Access to view tuition & housing bills and make payments is managed separately within eSuite.
Need assistance?



  • Apply for a minor in Albert using the link in the My Academics section of the Student Center. 
    • When you submit an application, it will be reviewed by both your home school and the minor school (for cross-school minors). If it is approved, the minor will appear on your transcript.
Through this application, students matriculated in certain schools can:
  • Apply for minors across schools
    • Cross-school minors allow students to develop a specialization in a field offered at an NYU school other than their home school. See the Cross-School Minors website for a complete list of minors and department contacts.
      • Students matriculated in the following undergraduate schools may apply for a cross-school minor via the application form:
        • College of Arts and Science
        • College of Nursing
        • Gallatin School of Individualized Study
        • School of Professional Studies
        • Leonard N. Stern School of Business
        • Liberal Studies Program
        • Polytechnic School of Engineering
        • Silver School of Social Work
        • Steinhardt School of Culture, Education & Human Development
        • Tisch School of the Arts
  • Request a minor within their your own school
    • Students matriculated in the following undergraduate schools may apply for an in-school minor via the application form:
      • Leonard N. Stern School of Business
      • Polytechnic School of Engineering
      • Tisch School of the Arts
  • Request removal of a minor from their your academic record
    • Students matriculated in the following undergraduate schools may request removal of a minor from their academic record via the application form:
      • College of Nursing
      • Leonard N. Stern School of Business
      • Polytechnic School of Engineering
      • Tisch School of the Arts
      • Other schools: If you decide that you no longer wish to pursue a minor, you must contact your Advising Office to have it removed from your record


  • It is your responsibility to make sure you satisfy the requirements for the minor. Contact the department that offers the minor with any questions.
  • Be sure to submit the minor application before you apply for graduation so that, if needed, a confirmation of minor completion can be sent in time to meet graduation deadlines.
  • Internal Transfers and Liberal Studies Transitioners: Any minors you declared in your previous program will not carry over to your new program. After consulting with an advisor in your new program, please re-declare your minor if you are eligible to do so.

  • The entire withdrawal process, which will drop all of your classes, is on Albert. The link is available from the My Academics section of your Student Center. An email message will also be sent to you automatically at your NYU email address once you complete the form.
  • You should proceed with the process if you want to withdraw from ALL of your classes for the current semester.


  • Complete the form if you are doing any of the following:
    • Withdrawing from all of your classes (term withdrawal)
    • Withdrawing completely from the University (total withdrawal)
    • Taking a Leave of Absence
      • Graduate students: you must complete the form even if you also drop all your courses online via Albert.
  • You do not need to complete the form if:
    • You are dropping/adding individual classes but will remain enrolled
    • You will have a half-time or full-time equivalency for the semester (Graduate students only)
    • You will maintain matriculation for the semester
  • Note to Financial Aid Recipients: For the purposes of determining the refund of federal student aid funds, any student who withdraws from NYU for any reason during the first 60% of any term will be subject to a pro rata schedule which will be used to determine the amount of federal funds a student has earned at the date of submission of the Withdrawal Form. A student who withdraws after the 60% point has earned 100% of the Title IV funds, if otherwise eligible. NYU aid will be adjusted according to University and department policy.


  • IF YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN about any of the conditions above, or about your decision to withdraw, please see your Advisor or Department before proceeding.
    • School of Law students: see your school's Leave of Absence procedure.
    • Stern MBA students: see your school's Leave of Absence procedure.

For Administrators

University employees can request access to the following accounts:

  • Albert SIS
  • Reporting (Brio/UDW/UDW+)
  • Internal Memo Management Application

Authorized requestors can submit account requests using the Albert SIS & Reporting Account Request form. Only those authorized to approve account requests for your School/Department can submit an account request.

University Policies

NYU Footer