The Kimmel Digital Signage Network
“Kimmel Digital Signage Network”, also called “KDSN” or, simply, “The Network”, is a system of TVs and computers that run signage, ads for events in the Kimmel & Global Centers, and general student notices. “Media” refers to the content running on the Network. “Dated media” is media tied to a specific event in the Kimmel & Global Centers; “undated media” is media for general consumption and, thus, not tied to a specific event.
- Only three types of media are accepted: images (.jpg and .png), video (.mp4), and plain-text messages.
- Submitted images must be 1920 pixels by 835 pixels; images of alternative dimensions will be rejected.
- All submitted media must (clearly and readably) include the name of the sponsoring club, department, or organization. Dated media, specifically, must additionally include:
- Date and time of the event,
- Location of the event, and
- Name of the event.
- Dated media will be displayed no more than two weeks prior to the event.
- Only one media submission is allowed per event.
- Clubs may not submit undated media; in other words, all club media submissions must be for a specific event. Undated media submissions from departments and other organizations are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- The Network is intended for events taking place at NYU only; no outside venues will be accepted.
- Items must be submitted through the KDSN Dropbox, located here.