Every year New York City hosts 50,000 attendees as part of NYC’s industry-wide gathering Creative Tech Week (CTW) from April 29th through May 8th, 2016. In conjunction with this year’s CTW, the LaGuardia Studio is hosting an open-call competition for 3D projects.
A jury panel of NYU faculty, curators and technologists will select four winning entries, one for each of the four competition categories. Winners will have their 3D projects printed by the LaGuardia Studio in the materials best suited for the work, and the chosen winners will present their projects at the LaGuardia Studio’s Creative Tech Week Open House on April 29, 2016. The LaGuardia Studio encourages entry submissions from NYU-affiliated artists, designers, engineers and research scientists.
• fine art
• product design
• science and research
• use of 3D print technology
• creative expression
• social consciousness and entrepreneurship
• Juror’s Selection Best in Category Awards - the winning entry in each category will receive free 3D printing at the LaGuardia Studio in the material best suited for their project (print cost up to $1,000 dollars in value).
• LaGuardia Studio’s Selection Awards - the winners will receive free 3D printing at the LaGuardia Studio (print cost up to $250 dollars in value).
• This call for entries is meant to be competitive. The jury selection is final.
• A written proposal describing the project in 300 words or less with category preference.
• A 3D model design that is printable, in .stl or .vrml formats.
• A brief biography.
• April 15, 2016
• Submission packets must be e-mailed to the LaGuardia Studio at email@example.com by Friday, April 15, 2016. Please include OPEN CALL FOR 3D PROJECTS in the subject line.
• Project entries must be concise with all model parts relating to the project’s content.
• All winners must be available to talk about their winning project during LaGuardia Studio’s Creative Tech Week Open House, on Friday, April 29 from 2PM through 5PM.
• Project submission is free.
• Participants must have NYU affiliation.
• Team projects are allowed.
• Project entries may apply to more than one category.
545 LaGuardia Place
New York, New York 10012
Monday - 9am to 9pm
Tuesday - 9am to 9pm
Wednesday - 9am to 9pm
Thursday - 9am to 9pm
Friday - 9am to 5pm
Monday - 9am to 5pm
Tuesday - 9am to 5pm
Wednesday - 9am to 5pm
Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 9am to 5pm
* Summer hours effective May 23-August 14, 2016