NYU guarantees undergraduate housing to students for their academic career provided the following conditions are met for the duration of their stay in housing:
- students accept the initial housing offer at the time of admission
- students meet all payment deadlines
- students meet all reapplication deadlines
- students maintain matriculated status
- students do not at anytime cancel their housing contract (school approved medical leaves and NYU study abroad programs are the only exception)
Students who meet the above criteria will maintain a "renewable" status within the housing system.
Graduate housing space is limited and not guaranteed. Housing for new and returning graduate students is available only through the Graduate Housing Non-Renewable Application. The Graduate Housing Non-Renewable Application will be available via the Housing Forms channel at NYUHome beginning in mid April. Offers of housing from the wait list will begin in mid June and continue on a rolling, space available basis.
Married Student Housing:
NYU will provide housing to married students (and maintain the undergraduate housing guarantee) provided that both persons are NYU full time students and both meet the eligibility requirements. Married students will be assigned to double occupancy rooms and be responsible for the housing charges of both bed spaces.