NYU guarantees undergraduate housing to students for their academic career provided the following conditions are met for the duration of their stay in housing:
- students accept the initial housing offer at the time of admission (not all students are offered housing upon admission)
- students meet all payment deadlines
- students meet all reapplication deadlines
- students maintain matriculated status
- students do not at anytime cancel their housing contract (school approved medical leaves and NYU study abroad programs are the only exception)
Students who meet the above criteria will maintain a "renewable" status within the housing system. Those that do not meet the above criteria have a "non-renewable" housing status. Non-renewable students are eligible for housing but are not guaranteed and only offered housing based upon space availability. For more information about how to apply, please click here.
Graduate housing space is limited and not guaranteed. Housing for new and returning graduate students is available only through the non-renewable application process. For more information about how to apply, please click here.