The University has contracted a limited number of hotel spaces for the Fall 2015 semester. The Affinia Manhattan will house upperclass residents, not new freshmen. These accommodations are for the Fall 2015 semester only. The room rate will be $7,942/semester. Students will not be able to check in until 3:00pm EDT Sunday, August 30, 2015, and must check out by 10:00am EST on Wednesday, December 23, 2015, per the schedule below.
Students canceling their spring housing in accordance with the housing license must check-out within 24 hours after their last final exam, or by 10:00am EST on Wednesday, December 23, 2015, whichever comes first. The only permitted reasons to cancel housing for the spring include graduating in December, studying away for the spring, taking an approved leave of absence, or withdrawing from NYU.
Residents who are not graduating in December, or not participating in approved Spring 2016 study away programs will be held to the terms of the 2015-2016 Housing License for both fall and spring semesters. Students continuing their studies at NYU-New York will transition into their Spring 2016 housing assignments by 10:00am on December 23, 2015.
The following amenities and services will be provided, although they are subject to change or variation:
- Rooms are fully appointed, shared studios for two students, including two double beds, one desk, limited drawer space, and shared closet space.
- Sheets and towels
- Internet, including Wi-Fi
- Flat screen 32" TV with Time Warner cable
- Alarm clock
- Free local calls
- Kitchenette, which includes a small refrigerator, sink, cooktop, microwave, and basic serving ware and utensils
- Iron and ironing board, hairdryer, and small in-room safe
- Soaps and shampoos will be provided upon arrival, but will not be replaced throughout the semester as students are expected to provide their own toiletries.
- Housekeeping twice weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays, which includes changing hotel sheets, towels, and trash removal. Please note, students may bring their own sheets and towels, but the hotel will only launder their own linens and towels. Privately owned sheets and towels should not be white, as they may be confused with hotels items and lost during laundering.
- Mail and packages will be accepted at the hotel service desk (not prior to check-in). Hotel desk staff will notify students of package delivery by leaving a message on the room's voicemail. Students may check for mail daily at the hotel front desk.
- Self-service laundry facility. Affinia Manhattan has 2 washers and 2 dryers. Please note, washer and dryers are coin operated with quarters, $2.00 per machine.
- Access to available amenities, which may include a fitness center and business center
- 24-hour security (Guests will need to be signed in and out.)
- Metrocard (monthly for semester residents, weekly for temporary residents)
- Residential Life and Housing Services staff will reside at the hotel and provide orientation, guidance, and programming for residents.