October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
October is the time to raise awareness about the importance of good cybersecurity practices. Learning how to spot phishing emails is the theme for this week. Watch the video and see below for more games, articles, videos, and other fun resources.
Malware such as viruses and spyware pose a constant threat to the security of your devices and data. Antivirus software protects against known malware threats. Download NYU-provided antivirus software.
Public wi-fi networks can be used by bad actors to access your data. Learn about the dangers of sending data across wi-fi hotspots and things you can do to protect your devices and data.
Maria C. Suarez, NYU's Global University Chief Information Security Officer, talks with Hoda A. Alkhzaimi, Director of the Center for Cyber Security at NYU Abu Dhabi, about the Center's work, cybersecurity industry trends, and more.
Good cybersecurity and having strong passwords go together. Improve your password security by creating passphrases that are harder to hack.
Beware of suspicious emails. Phishing messages may look like they’re from a company or person you know or trust to trick you into clicking on a link or opening an attachment. Watch the video and learn more.
- Webinars from the National Cybersecurity Alliance
- Security Education: Getting Started FAQs
- The Skinny on Short Links
- Phishing, Spear Phishing, and Whaling
- Social Engineering Attacks and How You Can Protect Yourself
- Information Security Game: Crossword Puzzle
- New Electronic Data and System Risk Classification Policy