NYU Learning Management System (LMS) (Brightspace)
Introducing NYU LMS (Brightspace)
The NYU Learning Management System (Brightspace) is NYU’s new digital learning platform, and will replace NYU Classes in 2021. Follow the links below to get started.
Refer to the FAQs to find out when you are moving to NYU LMS.
- Review the faculty/staff page and student page for guides, self-paced learning, and training.
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk with questions:
Email: email@example.com, Global Contact Info, Phone: 212-998-3333
- Contact your local school Educational Technology Support contacts for additional support offerings and resources (NYU login required).
To get started with NYU LMS, refer to the following Quick-Start guide, which covers overall system navigation, notification / general preferences, and course access:
For more information about these features, see the following NYU Servicelink articles:
To learn more about tools, capabilities, and more training opportunities, visit one of the following:
If you are a faculty member and would like to reuse existing NYU Classes content within NYU LMS (Brightspace), this content will be easily accessible within the new system. NYU IT will be automatically transitioning NYU Classes courses from 2019-forward to NYU LMS. You will be able to reference this content to copy materials into your current or future course offerings. A self-service tool is also available in NYU Classes to migrate course content to NYU LMS.
Visit the Reusing NYU Classes Content page to learn more.
When will I start using NYU LMS?
NYU will transition from NYU Classes to NYU LMS (Brightspace) in 2021. The current timeline is:
- Spring 2021 - initial adoption period. Schools select a subset of their faculty members to use NYU LMS (Brightspace) and begin broader training efforts.
- Summer 2021 - transition continues. Faculty training continues in preparation for fall. Schools select what portion of their faculty members will use NYU LMS (Brightspace).
- Fall 2021- majority adoption. Most (if not all) faculty members will be using NYU LMS (Brightspace); NYU Classes will remain available, with active courses (on an exception basis) with limited support resources.
- Full transition onto NYU LMS (Brightspace) is targeted by the end of December 2021.
How long will faculty and students retain access to NYU Classes?
Faculty and students will have access to NYU Classes through the end of 2021. NYU Classes content from 2019-forward will be brought to NYU LMS as reference material that can be copied forward. Older NYU Classes material will be available upon request.
How do I get support?
- Review the faculty/staff page and student page for guides, self-paced learning, and training opportunities.
- Contact the NYU IT Service Desk to submit a ticket for any issues or questions:
- Contact your local school Educational Technology Support contacts for additional support offerings and resources (Google Doc—NYU NetID/password may be required).