Web Meetings (Zoom)
Are You Using NYU Zoom? Are You Sure?
Zoom Tips for a Better Experience
Make Sure You’re Using NYU Zoom: Log in in at nyu.zoom.us.
Use the Zoom App: The Zoom App offers better on-screen options.
Connect to your Calendar with the Zoom Browser Extension: Zoom offers plugins for Firefox and Chrome.
Get to Know NYU Zoom Classrooms: Watch the video below and read Zoom Classrooms FAQ for Faculty.
Record Your Session: Record and share your meeting or class.
Read the full article in The Download.
Don't be the one who can't use new features like breakout rooms or filters Check NYU Zoom Downloads each month for updates.
Don't See a Feature?
If you don't see a new feature, ask the meeting host. They (or you!) can customize features in the default or in-meeting settings.
Avoid Zoom Phishing Scams
Read about the Zoom Phishing Alert in the NYU IT Security News.
Have a question? Faculty in an NYU Zoom Classroom, please call 212-998-3400. All community members can contact the NYU IT Service Desk for general NYU Zoom support.
- NYU Zoom: Zoom Classrooms FAQ for Faculty
- Learn how to connect in an NYU Classroom by watching the in-room demo video above, downloading this Quick Start Guide (PDF), or reviewing these full instructions.
- NYU Zoom Classroom Locations and Support
- Review Zoom features in the videos and FAQs below, including how to share audio and video, manage your Waiting Room, record your class, use polls and whiteboards, and more.
- Zoom Control Panel Styluses Available for Faculty
A limited number of styluses are available for instructors teaching in-person to enable touchless interaction with Zoom control panels. Instructors may pick up a stylus at the computer store located in the NYU Bookstore. Due to the limited quantity, only instructors teaching in-person are eligible; only one stylus per person.
- NYU Zoom Service Updates
- Getting Started: Account activation, apps, and browser plugins
- Frequently Asked Questions: General NYU Zoom use
- Frequently Asked Questions: Zoom Classrooms for Faculty
- Sharing audio and/or video during a meeting
- Securing Zoom meetings and class sessions and preventing intruders
- Recording and video sharing
- Scheduling a Zoom meeting through NYU Classes (for faculty)
- Managing the default settings for saving in-meeting Zoom chats
- Requesting and hosting a Webinar or Large Meeting
- Tips for recording yourself on video (from NYU Media Production)
- Submit an NYU Zoom request for recording, premium audio, and webinar features via NYU ServiceLink
- Attend a live training with Zoom
- Watch Zoom video tutorials
- Explore even more support in the Zoom Help Center