The NYU LGBTQ+ Center creates a welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop their understanding of and engage with LGBTQ+ communities through programs, events, learning and development, support, consultation, and resource sharing.
The LGBTQ+ Center offers educational and community-focused programs and events throughout the year for NYU students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- First Year Queers and Allies (FYQA)
- Lavender Graduation
- NYC Pride March with NYU
- Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) Gatherings
- Queer Grad Socials
- Queer Leadership Retreat
- Queering Faith
- Quench (Queer + Lunch) Series
- Trans Awareness Week
- Trans Inclusion in Higher Education Symposium
The LGBTQ+ Center provides learning and development focused on how to best support LGBTQ+ communities. Additionally, the Center offers consultation services to faculty, staff, and departments who want to increase their knowledge of, and improve their support for, these communities.
- Intro to NYU LGBTQ+ - A brief overview of terms and strategies to support these communities.
- Safe Zone - Establish foundational knowledge about LGBTQ+ communities, issues these communities face, and LGBTQ+ resources at NYU and beyond.
The LGBTQ+ Center is a hub where students, faculty, staff, and alumni can connect and support one another in myriad ways. Stop by or reach out to the Center to learn more about engaging with LGBTQ+ life on campus and beyond. Or contact one of NYU's many affiliated LGBTQ+ groups, organizations, or networks directly to get involved.
LGBTQ+ Student Groups and Organizations
LGBTQ+ Center Groups
The following groups meet at the LGBTQ+ Center (Kimmel 602) every other week during the academic year:
- Aces & Aros - For people who identify across the asexual or aromantic spectrum and their allies
- CampGrrl* - For lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer women and their allies
- LGBTQ+Faith - For LGBTQ+ students who want to discuss religion, faith, and spirituality
- Men’s Group - For gay, bisexual, queer, and transgender men and their allies
- Queer Grads - For LGBTQ+ graduate students and their allies
- Queer Union* - For queer activism, education, and community building
- SHADES - For LGBTQ+ students of color and their allies
- T-Party* - For transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students and their allies
*Those listed with an asterisk are also All-Square LGBTQ+ groups.
All-Square LGBTQ+ Groups
All-square groups are student groups that are formally recognized by the University through the Center for Student Life.
- Keshet - NYU's club for LGBTQ+ Jews and allies
- Pride Month - Builds community for LGBTQ+ students through creative, educational, and social events in the month of October
- Delta Lambda Phi - Fraternity for gay, bisexual, and progressive men
- AQUA: Allies & Queers for Understanding and Awareness (Dentistry)
- LGBTQMed (Medicine)
- LGBTQIA2-Nursing Student Association (Nursing)
- oSTEM (Tandon)
- OutClass (Stern - graduate)
- OUTLaw (Law)
- Pride Corp (Stern - undergraduate)
- Pride in Practice (Social Work)
- Sackler LGBTQ+ (Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences)
- Stonewall Policy Alliance (Wagner)
- Trans Artists Guild (Tisch)
Provides LGBTQ+ staff and faculty at NYU with a visible advocacy network in which to build community and enhance both personal and professional skills.
A network for NYU alumni who are members of, or allies to, the LGBTQ+ community. The LGBTQ+ Alumni Network organizes and hosts a range of events, educational programs, and community service opportunities to help NYU graduates stay involved with inclusion and equity on campus.
Additional Resources at the LGBTQ+ Center include:
- Lounge space
- David Bohnett Cyber Center, with printing
- Safer-sex supplies and menstrual products
- NYU Courtesy Meals
- Free coffee and tea
Kimmel Center for University Life
9:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.