Tickets for the All-University Commencement will be available to order between Monday, March 13, and Friday, May 5. Click below to order your tickets.
Special Ticket Info for:
If you are a Tandon School of Engineering student, you may order your tickets to the All-University Commencement at Yankee Stadium between Monday, March 13 and Friday, April 28. Please go here to order tickets to the All-University Commencement. For information on ordering tickets for the ceremony at the Barclays Center, please go here.
All-University Commencement only candidate and guest tickets must be picked up in person by the candidate at:
Kimmel Center for University Life
60 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012
You must bring your NYU ID to Kimmel. It will be swiped before you can claim your tickets. Please note that tickets are not transferable.
If you miss the deadline, you must order and pick up your All-University Commencement tickets and Grad Alley wristbands in person at the the Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Sq. South, 4th Floor beginning at 11:00 am on Thursday, May 11.
No All-University Commencement tickets will be distributed on Commencement day.
If the degree candidate lives out of state or cannot pick up All-University Commencement tickets at the times allotted, a third party may pick up All-University Commencement tickets with the following documentation:
- Degree candidate's NYU ID
- Photo ID of the person picking up tickets
- This PDF completed and printed
If, for some reason, it is impossible to get the candidate's NYU ID, you MUST submit a photocopy of BOTH SIDES OF THE NYU ID CARD. The N# on the reverse will be required.
If someone else is also picking up your academic attire, make two copies of these documents. One set will be collected as proof of third party ticket pick-up and will not be returned to you.
Degree Candidate Tickets
Candidates will require a candidate ticket to enter Yankee Stadium. All instructions including gate entrance, arrival time, information regarding the ceremony, and the return of academic attire will be on the ticket envelope. Please read this information carefully. Candidates must retain their ticket and envelope. There is no ceremony rehearsal.
Ticket allocation is based upon the actual number of students participating in the ceremony, capacity of the venue, and reasons for need. Your graduation from New York University is a major milestone in your life, and we wish that we could issue an unlimited amount of tickets for your loved ones. However, we must accommodate some guests for all of our students. Therefore, each candidate* for graduation may request one candidate ticket and a maximum of three guest tickets for admission into Yankee Stadium.
*A candidate for graduation is a student who has completed all degree requirements by May 17. A student who is permitted to participate as a Dean's Exception is not a candidate for graduation.
Your guest tickets will be enclosed in a guest ticket envelope, which will include vital information including entrance gates, arrival time, maps and directions. Guests should carefully read and retain this information as well as their guest tickets.
Guest seating will be general admission.
Children who are three years old and younger and less than 30 inches tall do not need a ticket for entry. However, the child must sit on an adult's lap during the ceremony without obstructing the view of any other guests.
Extra Ticket Policy*
1. Online ticket ordering will begin on March 13 for the All-University Commencement at Yankee Stadium (with a 3 guest ticket maximum).
2. At the close of online ticket ordering on Friday, May 5, if we anticipate additional tickets will be available, candidates will be asked if they would like an additional guest ticket when they pick up their order between Tuesday, May 9 and Tuesday, May 16.
3. In addition, any unclaimed tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis on the last day of ticket distribution on Tuesday, May 16 at the Kimmel Center for University Life from 10:00 am-4:00 pm.
4. Another option is to ask fellow graduates whom you know whether they will be using all of their allotted guest tickets. If they are not, they have the option to order their tickets and give them to you after they pick them up.
*Dean’s Exceptions: Please consult your Dean’s Exception form for policy regarding maximum number of guest tickets and your ticket pick-up dates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NYU prohibits the direct or indirect sale or auction of All-University Commencement tickets. Ticket(s) may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests, giveaways or sweepstakes) or other trade or commercial purposes. Students engaging in such activities, as well as any other activity that disrupts the administration of the ceremony and/or violates the Yankee Stadium Security Policies set forth below or any NYU student conduct policy, will be subject to NYU disciplinary sanctions, including without limitation the delayed issuance of a degree or diploma. The Yankees and NYU reserve the right to investigate violations of the License applicable to NYU's use of Yankee Stadium.
Yankee Stadium Security Policies
Entry and Carry-In Policy
Safety is the No. 1 priority at Yankee Stadium, and the Yankees will take every reasonable step to provide a secure and enjoyable environment for everyone entering the Stadium.
In addition to the presence of security personnel and uniformed police officers throughout the Stadium, the Yankees administer several important security measures in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations and in conjunction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Inspection points have been established at all Stadium entrances. The Yankees reserve the right to inspect any bags, clothing or other articles prior to entry into the Stadium and prohibit entry or require removal of any items at their sole and absolute discretion.
NOTICE: For the safety of every guest, all persons specifically consent to and are subject to metal detector and physical pat-down inspections prior to entry. Any persons or property that could affect the safety of Yankee Stadium, its occupants or its property shall be denied entry. Guests may bring into the Stadium one soft-sided bag no larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches.
Guests may not carry the following into the Stadium:
- any bag larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches
- hard-sided bags or containers of any size
- glass, cans, aluminum bottles or thermoses
- laser pens
- selfie sticks
- mono/tripods or other professional camera equipment
- video cameras or other equipment designed for the sole purpose of video and/or audio recording
- laptop computers
- firearms, knives or weapons of any kind
- illegal drugs or substances
- brooms, poles, staffs or sticks
- baseball bats of any size
- television sets, excluding television substitutes such as tablets
- animals, with the exception of service animals to aid Guests with disabilities
- air horns or other distracting noisemakers
- any devices that may interfere with and/or distract any sports or event participant, other Guest, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or event, or any technology-related service provided in the Stadium
- helmets (e.g., bicycle helmets, motorcycle helmets or baseball helmets)
- masks or costumes
- projectiles (e.g., flying discs or beach balls)
- aerosol cans (e.g., mace, pepper spray, hairspray or sunscreen)
- confetti or glitter
- visible obscene, indecent or inappropriate clothing
Such items will be prohibited from being brought into the Stadium. There is no storage area for these items. Guests arriving by public transportation should take particular care not to bring any prohibited items, as no exceptions will be made.
The Yankees reserve the right to change or modify this policy without notice.