Graduates and degree candidates who wish to participate in Commencement are required to wear academic attire. Academic attire specifically for NYU can be rented from Herff Jones, Inc. beginning Monday, March 13th at www.herffjones.com/college/nyu. Rental orders must be received on-line by Tuesday, April 11th.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- School of Engineering candidate orders must be received on-line by Monday, April 3rd.
- College of Dentistry candidate orders must be received on-line by Monday, April 3rd.
- Steinhardt School Doctoral degree candidate orders must be received on-line by Monday, April 3rd.
- CUSP student orders must be received on-line by Monday, April 3rd.
- Some schools have different procedures and will notify their students directly about these. Follow all instructions provided by your school. DO NOT DUPLICATE YOUR ORDER.
- Academic attire distribution is not a function of the Kimmel Center. The Kimmel Center staff cannot accept ANY academic attire orders or changes to orders at any time.
- Academic attire distribution is not a function of the NYU Bookstore. The NYU Bookstore staff cannot accept ANY academic attire orders or changes to orders at any time.
- Exchanges and/or corrections may be made to your academic attire when you pick it up at the Kimmel Center in May.
- Since the rented attire has been folded and placed in a bag for distribution, it is recommended that you pick it up in time to have it pressed before the ceremony.
Rental Fees According to Degree
(Sales tax included)
Bachelor's and associate's cap and gown: $53.00
Master's cap, gown, and hood: $73.00
Doctoral (and LL.M.) cap, gown, and hood: $83.00
Cap, Gown and Hood Distribution
Pick up academic attire at the Kimmel Center for University Life, 60 Washington Square S, between LaGuardia Pl and Thompson Street.
|Tues, May 10||11:00am - 6:00 pm (on-time orders only)|
|Wed, May 11||11:00 am - 6:00 pm (on-time orders only)|
|Thurs, May 12||11:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Fri, May 13||
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
|Mon, May 16||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tues, May 17||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Be prepared to show valid photo ID to claim your rented attire.
All degree candidates are strongly encouraged to pick up their own academic attire.
No academic attire will be distributed on Commencement day.
If your independent school ceremony takes place before Wednesday, May 17th, and you attend the All-University Commencement on May 17th, you must return all academic attire by 2:30 pm following the Commencement ceremony to Herff Jones representatives at Gate 2, where you entered Yankee Stadium. Herff Jones, Inc. will hold the renter financially responsible for unreturned items.
If your independent school ceremony is on Wednesday afternoon, May 17th, or between May 17th and May 19th, hold on to your rented academic attire for your school ceremony. Herff Jones, Inc. will have collections bins available on-site after your ceremony.
If you rented academic attire for your individual school ceremony only (for ceremonies up until May 19th) and do not plan to attend the All-University Commencement on Wednesday, May 17th, return the attire to the Kimmel Center (Commuter Lounge) in the Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Sq. South, from Monday, May 16th, through Friday, May 20th, between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm.
After Friday, May 19th, if your school ceremony has already passed, you must mail academic attire back to:
1000 N. Market Street
Champaign, IL 61820
ATTN: NYU Returns
Herff Jones, Inc. will hold the renter financially responsible for unreturned items.