Social media comes in all shapes and sizes—from 140 characters on Twitter to the visual smorgasbord of Pinterest. With a wealth of options to choose from, knowing where to begin isn’t always easy.
To help you build an account for your NYU department or organization, here are a few helpful hints for success on social media at NYU.
Just because you can be on a network doesn't mean you need to be. It's better to be on the right network. Ask yourself these questions:
- Who is my audience?
- What social network will best allow me to reach them?
Once you determine the right place to begin your social journey, you can build your team. Make sure you have at least two administrators so that your organization always has access to the accounts you will create. You may not have a large team, but a minimum of two employees will help ensure that content is continuously produced even when one is absent.
The process of signing up for an account may not take long, but that doesn’t mean you can just sign-up and succeed. Take the time to prepare a strategy, and ask if you're ready for the long-haul. Your audience will expect a constant output of content. If you are not prepared to produce, the results will reflect this.
A strong strategy includes:
- Defined Metrics for Success: Were you successful? Did you accomplish your goals? Let your analytics support your success.
- A Timeline for Evaluation: Set evaluation points to determine what is and isn't working.
- A Consistent and Well-Planned Voice: Know what your messages will sound like—make it easy for new team members to understand with limited training.
- Content Planning (Types and Timing): What type of content will you post? How will you plan future content?
- Defined Team Roles: Know your team and make sure they are aware of their responsibilities.
Reevaluate and Evolve
Social media is always evolving. You should be prepared to reevaluate and make changes to your strategy accordingly. Consider your strategy a living document. As time passes and you reach (or don't reach) your goals, you can look at the metrics built into your strategy to determine how you can improve the experience for your audience.
For more help with getting started or enhancing your social media efforts, visit our Training and Support page. You'll find useful resources, blog links and additional information to help you accomplish your social media goals.
If you have any additional questions and are interested in taking part in a training or workshop, contact email@example.com.