Top 10 Things to Know Before Visiting Tamiment
1. Remember to bring a valid photo ID with you to the library.
2. You may bring a camera to take non-flash photos of library items for personal reference use. It's instant and free. We also offer a fee-based photocopy service.
3. Be sure to check the library's hours before visiting.
5. Except for the reference collection, materials are stored in closed stacks and are not browsable. Items do not circulate and must be used in the library.
6. Many archival collections are stored offsite. Consult our list of archival collections to see if the boxes you need are stored remotely. If so, we'll need advance notice to retrieve them for you. Please note that boxes are delivered from offsite storage Monday through Friday only. We do not receive boxes on Saturdays even though the library is open.
7. The microfilm readers in Tamiment allow printing, scanning, and emailing of images. Bring a flash drive or purchase a CD for $1 to scan from microfilm. There is a per-page fee for printing but scanning and emailing are free.
8. Eating, drinking, pens, and cell phones are not permitted in the reading room. Materials are one-of-a-kind and we ask that researchers use care when handling them.
9. Tamiment has wireless, so don't forget your laptop.
10. You can friend us on Facebook to receive announcements of upcoming events.
|home | about the library | collections overview | research guides | collections list/finding aids | programs | online exhibits & public history | NYU Libraries | New York University|