The Frank Harris Papers
DATE SPAN: ca. 1900-1971
RECORD OR MANUSCRIPT NUMBER:
SUBUNITS: (e.g. successive administrators and dates of tenure)
Originally processed and added into the Fales Manuscript Collection
LINEAR FEET/NUMBER OF BOXES: 3 linear feet in 6 boxes.
LOCATION: Fales Manuscripts Boxes 83.1-86.2 (See also legal size box 6.1)
PROCESSOR AND DATE OF PROCESSING: Marvin Taylor, Reprocessed May 1998
FORMATS AVAILABLE AND PREFERRED FORMAT FOR RESEARCH USE:
Original format for most materials. Much of the collection has been deacidified and encapsulated.
REPOSITORY NAME AND ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND HOURS:
Fales Library/Special Collections
New York University
Elmer Holmes Bobst Library, 3rd Floor
70 Washington Square South
New York, New York 10012
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10-6, Friday, 9-5.
Appointments are necessary for use of manuscript and archival materials.
The Frank Harris Papers are a part of the Fales Manuscript Collection at the Fales Library, New York University. The Fales Library is the primary special collections division of the NYU Libraries housing over 165,000 volumes of English and American literature from 1700 to the present. Strengths of the collection include the development of the English and American novel, with an emphasis on the Gothic novel and the Victorian novel. The Downtown Collection is a comprehensive collection of printed materials, archives, and other materials related to the Downtown New York scene from ca. 1975 to the present.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND/OR BIOGRAPHICAL HISTORY
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
BOX AND FOLDER LIST
NOTES FROM PROCESSOR
BOX AND FOLDER LIST
1. Correspondence to A-Z
2. No folder
3. Correspondence to Ross, Arthur L.
4. Correspondence to G. B. Shaw (see also legal size Box 6.1 Folder 19 &20)
5. Correspondence to White, Maurice (1919-1929)
6. Correspondence to Frank Harris A-Z
7. Alice, Prince of Monaco to FH
8. Churchil, Winston to FH (photocopies of orginals only)
9. Printed Materials about My Life and Loves
10. Hammel, George/M. Landau (pseudonyms) to Mr. Butterworth
11. Harris, Nellie to/from Arthur Ross.
12. Harris, Nellie: Misc.
13. Lyngklip, Pauline and Einar. Correspondence between the Lyngklips and others.
14. Ross, Arthur L. Misc. correspondence to ALR about Harris.
15. Ross, Arthur L. correspondence to/from Mrs. Patrick Campbell
16. Ross, Arthur L. correspondence from Henry Miller
17. Ross, Arthur L. correspondence from Heskith Pearson
18. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence
19. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence (Montes the Matador. Film)
20. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence (My Life and Loves; see also legal size Box 6.1 folders 19 & 20)
21. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence (Oscar Wilde Lawsuit)
22. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence (Reminiscences of a Cowboy. Motion Picture.)
23. Ross, Arthur L. business correspondence (Shaw collected letters)
24. Tarbeaux (or Tarbo or Tarbox), Frank. Correspondence.
25. Petition to the French Court
27. Photographs and negatives
28. Printed materials, misc.
1. Life of Bernard Shaw, t.ms (carbon) part 1
2. Life of Bernard Shaw, t.ms. (carbon) part 2
1. Life of Bernard Shaw, t.ms. (Carbon) part 3
2. Life of Bernard Shaw, t.ms. early draft with corrections, 112 pages.
3. Life of Bernard Shaw, t.ms. later draft with corrections, 106 pages.
4. Beyond Good and Evil t.ms. (play) 16 pages.
1. Lyngklip, Einar A. Letters of Frank Harris: Collected (But not edited), t.ms.
2. Lyngklip, Einar A.. Letters of Frank Harris: Collected (But not edited), t.ms.
1. Harris, Frank. Contemporary Portraits, Vol. 6, part 1, t.ms.
2. Harris, Frank. Contemporary Portraits, Vol. 6. part 2, t.ms.
3. Harris, Frank. Critical Essays, Chapter 25, AAnti-Semitism@ t.ms.
4. Harris, Frank. Joan La Romee, t.ms.
5. Harris, Frank. AThere I Lie Dead@ (poem) a.ms.
6. Harris, Frank. AThe Veils of Isis@ t.ms. with corrections.
1. Galleys for My Life, Vol. 3. With corrections
2. Galleys for My Life, Vol. 3. With corrections
Three sets of miscellaneous galleys for My Life.
NOTES FROM PROCESSOR