Linda Mantovani (left) and Patricia Hanusik

Linda Mantovani (left) and Patricia Hanusik, the only two coeds
admitted to the College of Engineering for the fall 1959 term

In 1959, NYU first admitted women to the undergraduate classes of its two colleges at the University Heights campus. The College of Engineering admitted two coeds, Linda Mantovani and Patricia Hanusik. The University College of Arts and Science admitted 102 coeds for the 1959-1960 fall term.

< Previous Next >