East 26th Street in 1924

East 26th Street in 1924
(the low building on the right is the former site of the Veterinary College)

NYU's veterinary school was founded in 1857 as the New York College of Veterinary Surgeons. In 1899 it merged with the American Veterinary College to become the New-York American Veterinary College within the NYU School of Medicine. In 1913, it became a state institution but remained under the auspices of NYU. The school was discontinued in 1922 due to lack of funds.

< Previous Next >