In 1890 the cornerstone was laid for Judson Memorial Church. Reverend Edward Judson, DD commissioned architect Stanford White to create the building as a memorial to his father, Adoniram D. Judson, who served as one of the first American foreign missionaries. In the cornerstone, the Rev. Judson placed copies of a Bible that his father had translated into Burmese.
|< Previous||Next >|