The Paulette Goddard Hall, acquired in 1925, was originally an apartment building for bachelors that came to be known as "The Benedick." Apartments consisted of a living room with a fireplace and one or two bedrooms, although only some had private bathrooms. The janitor provided breakfast service and rent ranged from $250 to $500 a year. Many of the tenants were artists and illustrators.
|< Previous||Next >|