In 1865, when the New York College of Dentistry first opened its doors, dentists were seen as little more than tooth pullers. In those painful, pre-novocaine days, the profession was still fighting for recognition and acceptance from a skeptical public. In November 1866, when the first class at the college convened, it comprised only 31 students, 10 faculty members, and rented classrooms on 22nd Street. Today, the NYU College of Dentistry is the largest dental school and the largest provider of comprehensive, affordable dental care in the United States.
|< Previous||Next >|