NYU's architecture school began in 1926 as a department within the College of Fine Arts. In 1935 the college was renamed the School of Architecture and Allied Arts. The school closed in 1941 because of a mounting deficit and the retirement of Dean Bossange. Alumni of the school include Gilbert Rohde, Harry J. Schaare, E. Maurice Bloch, Lionel Freeman, and former NYU Architect Joseph Roberto.
|< Previous||Next >|