NYU's veterinary school was founded in 1857 as the New York College of Veterinary Surgeons. In 1899 it merged with the American Veterinary College to become the New-York American Veterinary College within the NYU School of Medicine. In 1913, it became a state institution but remained under the auspices of NYU. The school was discontinued in 1922 due to lack of funds.
|< Previous||Next >|