NYU’s summer school began in 1895, when seven members of the faculty, with the approval of the Chancellor, offered courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, experimental psychology, and the theory and practice of teaching. The faculty members received no additional salary, only the tuition fees collected from students. The University Council officially took control in 1899 and the popularity of the program quickly grew to over 500 students, both men and women, by 1907. The program mostly attracted teachers who were interested in pedagogical courses.
|< Previous||Next >|