Class in the Department of Nursing, 1952

In 1954, NYU’s Department of Nursing, which had been established as a separate department in 1947, came under the leadership of Martha E. Rogers. As Chair of the Department, Rogers led NYU to become one of the first universities to treat nursing as a science based upon distinct research and theory.

< Previous Next >