Construction of the Main Building, 1894

Construction of the Main Building (now Silver Center), 1894

In 1894, the original University Building at Washington Square East was demolished and replaced by a 10-story commercial building designed by Alfred Zucker. The building was known as the "Main Building" until 2002 when it was renamed the "Silver Center" in honor of Julius Silver, an NYU alumnus.

< Previous Next >