Hicks-Lord House, September 1905

Hicks-Lord House, September 1905

The Hicks-Lord house, originally located at 32 Washington Square West, was built in 1850. At the turn of the century, it was owned by Mrs. Annette Hicks-Lord, and became a center of social and political activity under the auspices of the “Progressive Party Clubhouse.” The house was razed in 1925 to make way for a 16-story apartment building, home to several NYU faculty members.

< Previous Next >