search the site
- Who has access to NYU Wikis?
- How do I log into NYU Wikis?
- What are personal spaces and how do I create one?
- How do I add a page to my space?
- How do I delete a page from my space?
- How do I attach files to a page?
Who has access to NYU Wikis?
NYU Wikis is available to all NYU current faculty, staff, affiliates, and students with NYU email accounts.
How do I log into NYU Wikis?
You can log in to NYU Wikis at http://wikis.nyu.edu or via the Academics tab of NYUHome.
- Method 1: Direct your browser to http://wikis.nyu.edu and click the Log In link in the upper-right corner of the NYU Wikis homepage. Enter your NetID and password when prompted.
- Method 2: On NYUHome, click the Academics tab, locate the NYU wikis channel, and click NYU wikis Login. Enter your NetID and password when prompted.
What are personal spaces, and how do I create one?
Your personal space is a place where you can publish your own pages and news items. This space can be as private or public as you want; you are the sole space administrator. Once you have logged into NYU Wikis, move your mouse over your name in the upper-right portion of the page. From the drop-down menu that appears, select Create Personal Space.
Note: Once you have set up your personal space, you can return to it any time by clicking your name at the top right of the page.
How do I add a page to my space?
To add a page:
- When you are logged in and viewing a space that you can edit, you will see three navigation buttons, below your name, in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Hover over the Add button and click on Page from the drop-down menu.
How do I delete a page?
Note: Once a page is deleted, it cannot be undone. ITS cannot retrieve accidentally deleted pages.
To delete a page:
- Navigate to the page you wish to delete.
- Hover over the Tools button in the upper-right corner, and click Remove from the drop down menu.
- The Remove Page screen will open. You will be prompted to confirm the action.
How do I attach files to a page?
An attachment is any file that is included with your page. Images, Word documents, presentations, PDFs, and multimedia and sound files are some examples of attachments. Attachments are useful when you want to share information that exists in another file format.
When you attach a file to a page, NYU Wikis makes a copy of the file and stores it on the server. File attachments in NYU Wikis are contained in the Attachments view of a page.
To attach a file to a page:
- Navigate to the page to which you wish to attach the file, hover over the Tools menu and select Attachments from the drop-down menu. The Attachments view will open.
- Click the Browse button.
- Browse through the files on your computer and select the file you'd like to attach.
- Enter a description for the attachment in the Comment text field (optional).
- If you would like to attach more than one file, click Attach More Files.
- Click Attach File(s).
Page last reviewed: April 27, 2011