search the site
did you know?
- Atlassian University offers interactive videos and step-by-step tutorials for using NYU Wikis. Just sign up with your NYU email address to get started.
- The Digital Studio provides one-on-one training to NYU faculty, staff and students interested in using wikis for teaching and learning, administrative or research purposes.
NYU Wikis is a web-based collaborative tool that faculty and students can use to create and manage private and public content for research, instruction, and University-related activity. A wiki is a tool that enables the easy creation and editing of interlinked web pages, using a rich text editor within the browser. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and projects, to power community websites, for meetings and personal note taking, and as intranets.
NYU Wikis offers the following features and capabilities:
- Collaborative: NYU Wikis is a great tool for holding discussions, developing ideas for projects, sharing knowledge and meeting notes, and even maintaining an event calendar. It's a great choice for a variety of uses and situations:
- Group projects that require the collaborative creation of documents.
- Graduate students who want to store lengthy and complex dissertation notes.
- Faculty members looking to create asynchronous workspaces within or across NYU schools and departments.
- Student organizations creating spaces for facilitating meetings and minutes.
- Easy, instant editing: You can edit pages right in your browser.
- Auto-save: Your work is always protected.
- Version rollback: Revert to a past version at any time — NYU Wikis keeps page histories.
To request a new NYU Wikis space, please complete the Ask ITS Contact Form. For the "Subject," select Wikis. Please also indicate that you wish to create a new NYU Wikis space in the comments section.
Help & training
ServiceLink knowledge base
The ServiceLink knowledge base contains a variety of FAQs and training videos to support the use of NYU Wikis:
- NYU Wikis: Logging in
- NYU Wikis: Administering a space
- NYU Wikis: Online training for NYU Wikis (Atlassian University)
- NYU Wikis: Working with macros
- NYU Wikis: Adding rich content (images and attachments)
- And more »
In addition, Atlassian University offers online interactive videos and step-by-step tutorials for how to use NYU Wikis. Sign up for Atlassian University with your NYU Email at https://university.atlassian.com.
Through collaboration with NYU ITS and the Division of Libraries, the Digital Studio offers one-on-one training for NYU Wikis. Staff at the Digital Studio are able to help clients get started with learning how to create personal spaces, administrator permissions and manage content.
To make an appointment for the Digital Studio to discuss NYU Wikis, please complete the NYU Digital Studio Appointment Form.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the IT Service Desk via email at AskITS@nyu.edu or by calling 212-998-3333. For global locations, check the IT Service Desk page for local service desk information.
Page last reviewed: August 26, 2013