search the site
The Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) provides access to academic software through a web browser and an Internet connection. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the VCL is a revolutionary way to provide NYU students with access to the software they need.
Access & Eligibility
The VCL is open to all degree-seeking NYU students with active NYU Email accounts. Students who qualify will see the VCL channel on the Academics tab in NYUHome. See Accessing the VCL for login and setup instructions.
For a current list of software available for use via the Virtual Computer Lab, please see the ITS Software Applications by Location page.
Help & Instructions
Installation and configuration
- System requirements
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (Mac)
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (Windows)
- Installing the Citrix plug-in (mobile devices)
- Checking that the Citrix plug-in is installed
Instructions for use
- File security alert when opening an application
- Session times out
- Two Print dialog boxes appear when printing from Mac
- Unable to log in to the VCL and other password issues
- Asked to allow access to mapped drive when saving file
- Being asked to install the Citrix plugin, but it is already installed
Page last reviewed: July 31, 2014