search the site
NYURoam Wireless workshops provide hands-on help to people who encounter a problem when attempting to connect their laptop computer to the NYURoam wireless access network.
Before you sign up for an NYURoam Wireless Workshop, follow these important steps:
- If you have not already done so, go to the NYURoam website and follow all the instructions that are available for your computer. (Note: you may be required to install additional software on your computer in order to connect to NYURoam).
- Make sure your wireless card is properly installed and that you have downloaded the latest software drivers. The software drivers can be found at the card manufacturer's website.
- Download ALL security updates for your Macintosh or Windows computer.
- Make sure your computer is cleaned of any viruses, spyware, or adware. For virus removal, ITS strongly recommends that you use Symantec Endpoint Protection (Windows) or Symantec AntiVirus (Mac); you can download a copy from the Ask ITS area of NYUHome.
- On the day of your workshop, be sure to bring your laptop computer and power cable, the software CD that came with your wireless card (if possible), and your NYUCard.
Register for a Workshop
Page last reviewed: January 10, 2011