search the site
did you know?
NYU IT offers a variety of training options for the NYU community, including tutorials, in-person sessions, and occasional classes in the University's online training system, NYUiLearn.
See the links below for service-specific offerings, or explore NYU ServiceLink for self-guided support and training on a wide range of NYU IT services.
- Advanced Media Studio consultations
- Data Services tutorials: statistics, GIS mapping & more
- Faculty Digital Archive
- NYU Classes
- NYU Google Apps for Education (including NYU Calendar, NYU Drive, NYU Email, NYU Groups, NYU Sites, and more)
- NYU Lists
- NYU Print Service
- NYU Stream
- NYU Survey Service (Qualtrics)
- NYU Wikis
- Telephones & voice mail
- Web Publishing
There is no charge for any instructional sessions, but participants should bring a valid NYUCard to in-person classes and workshops.
Training by Request
NYU Information Technology
NYU IT may be able to arrange special training by request for NYU departments, classes, and organizations.
- To request training in NYU-supported services not covered in the trainings and workshops listed above, send email to AskITS@nyu.edu. Include your name, NYU affiliation, desired topic of class, desired location, and the anticipated number of attendees. If training is available, an NYU IT representative will contact you to arrange a date and time that will be convenient for your group.
- For special classes in statistics or mapping software, fill out the NYU Libraries' Request an instruction session form or call Data Services at 1-212-998-3434.
- For training in other software applications, contact the Digital Studio.
Bobst Library has subject specialists in many areas of study that support the University's curriculum. NYU faculty can make arrangements for advanced and subject-specific classes by filling out the NYU Libraries' Request an instruction session form. Advanced students needing in-depth reference assistance with primary sources, unpublished, archival and foreign materials, or doctoral research can also make appointments with a subject specialist. For contact information, visit: http://library.nyu.edu/research/lib_arc.html or fill out the subject specialist contact form.
NYUiLearn IT Classes
Periodically, IT classes for NYU staff and faculty are available via NYUiLearn. To view class descriptions and register for sessions, when available:
- Sign into NYUHome (home.nyu.edu) and go to the Work tab.
- Click the NYUiLearn Login button within the NYUiLearn channel (may be towards the bottom of the page).
- To see current IT class offerings, click Course Catalog and select Technology from the Category drop-down menu in the right corner.
Note: NYUiLearn is not currently available to NYU students; see the links above for other training resources.
Page last reviewed: October 17, 2014