search the site
- Desktop Computer Support for NYU Departments
- SUDS: Keep Your NYU Computer Clean!
- Other IT Helpdesks at NYU
Desktop Computer Support for NYU Departments
NYU IT also offers enhanced on-site and telephone support services to NYU departments through our Desktop Support subscription service. Faculty and staff from subscribing departments can request support through a dedicated e-mail address. We are committed to providing timely and reliable computer support to NYU faculty, staff, and administrators. Desktop Support staff is on call to help you, so that you can devote more time to your work. An annual fee per computer provides each subscriber with the priority services outlined here.
A range of resources and services is available through Desktop Support solutions, including:
- knowledgeable staff to assist you by phone and at your office
- an e-mail address for submitting questions
- fast and effective troubleshooting of computer problems
- new computer set-up and configuration
- on-site software installs, upgrades, and hardware service assistance
- evaluation of our clients needs/requirements and assistance with hardware purchases
If you are an NYU IT Desktop Support client, telephone support is provided by our Desktop Support Services staff Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm, and by the IT Service Desk staff 24x7 throughout the year. On-site support is available, by appointment, Monday-Friday from 9:30am - 4:30pm.
If you are interested in this service, please check with the administrator in your department who helps with technology issues to find out if your department is already enrolled. If not, contact the IT Service Desk at 1-212-998-3333 or contact Desktop Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SUDS: Keep Your NYU Computer Clean!
SUDS (Security Updates Delivery & Support) is an NYU IT subscription service for Windows computers that combines automated delivery and installation of Symantec AntiVirus updates, related proactive antivirus protection and support, and automatic download and installation of applicable critical operating system fixes and Windows security patches released by Microsoft. This helps ensure a high level of protection for SUDS-enrolled computers.
SUDS service is available to NYU departments, who pay a per-computer annual fee to enroll faculty or staff computers in the service. Any number of desktop and laptop computers running Windows can be enrolled.
Other IT Helpdesks at NYU
- NYU Stern School of Business: www.stern.nyu.edu/it; Tisch Hall UC-49; 1-212-998-0180; email@example.com
- NYU School of Law: www.law.nyu.edu/technology; 40 Washington Square South, Room B1; 1-212-998-6111; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU School of Medicine: www.med.nyu.edu/it; 545 First Avenue, GBH SC2-199; 1-212-263-HELP
- NYU Colleges of Dentistry & Nursing:
- Technology and Informatics Services: 345 East 24th Street, 212-998-9814; email@example.com
- For students and academic course related technologies (PMV, MDR, Competency, Course Schedules, Student Clinical Appointments, Student Rosters, etc.): Informatics Services, 345 East 24th Street, Room 831S; 212-998-9740; firstname.lastname@example.org
- For classroom and clinical A/V support: Educational Media, 345 East 24th Street; 212-998-9783; email@example.com
- NYUCN office and clinical desktop support: Nursing Information Systems, 726 Broadway, 10th Floor; 212-998-5623, firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last reviewed: December 19, 2012