search the site
IT Service Desk
About the NYU Print Service
NYU Print Service is an easy-to-use, two-step process that broadens your printing options while also conserving resources and helping the environment.
To use the service at any NYU Print Service-enabled location, you tag your document (establish ownership) and send it to your personal NYU Print Service queue using any computer connected to NYU-NET, including those at the ITS Academic Technology Centers and CoLabs in New York. Then you go to any NYU Print Station; swipe or tap your NYUCard (or, optionally, a Bobst Library Print Card if in New York); and print your document on the adjacent printer.
Each semester, you receive a new Print Grant. When you swipe your NYUCard at an NYU Print Station, 10 cents is deducted from your print grant for every sheet (two sides of a page) that you print. Should you use up your grant before the semester ends, you may choose to have additional printing charges deducted from your NYU Campus Cash account or Bobst Library Print Card balance.
|Students in degree or diploma programs||$50 (500 sheets)||$25 (250 sheets)|
|Faculty, administrators, and staff||$5 (50 sheets)||$5 (50 sheets)|
|ITS Lab Access Account holders||$5 (50 sheets)||$5 (50 sheets)|
Instructions for use
Please consult the ServiceLink Knowledge Base for instructions on how to use the NYU Print Service:
- Setting up a personal Windows computer
- Setting up a personal Mac computer
- Printing from a Windows computer
- Printing from a Mac computer
Please consult the ServiceLink Knowledge Base for additional information about the NYU Print Service:
- Printing costs and payment options
- Print Station locations
- Print Grant amount and eligibility
- Using a Bobst Library Print Card for NYU Print Service charges
- Buying or addding funds to a Bobst Library Print Card
- Adding funds to your Campus Cash account
- Checking Print Grant, Campus Cash, and Bobst Print Card balance
- Rolling over Print Grant to new or replacement NYUCard
- Reducing printing charges and conserving paper
- Printing double-sided and printing multiple pages per sheet
Please consult the ServiceLink Knowledge Base for troubleshooting tips:
- Job not appearing in print queue
- Unable to print due to 'not in system' error
- NYUCard rejected at Print Service station
- Document damaged during printing
- Printer crashes when printing in Microsoft Word for Mac
- Print Grant exhausted
- Jobs do not appear on printer terminal when submitting from MS Office for Windows
Convenience & ease-of-use. With the new NYU Print Service, you can print your documents where and when you wish to print them. No guessing — the printer is always right near the Print Station that you choose to use. Each document stays in your Print Service queue for up to 24 hours waiting for you to print it, and it won’t be printed until you’re right there, ready to pick it up.
Efficient & green. The NYU Print Service also supports the University’s efficiency and green initiatives by encouraging double-sided and more selective printing. By printing only what you need, and using some savvy printing tips, you can conserve your print grant, keep your printing costs low, and help reduce paper waste by 30 percent!
Page last reviewed: October 20, 2014