search the site
did you know?
- There are a variety of online tutorials and other information about NYU Stream in the ServiceLink knowledge base (see Help & Training, below).
- The Digital Studio provides one-on-one training to NYU faculty, staff and students interested in digitizing audio/video materials and streaming services in support of instruction or research.
- NYU Stream enables students and faculty across the Global Network University to communicate in new, meaningful ways. Click here to learn more.
NYU Stream is a streaming media service that provides users with the ability to upload, record via web-cam, manage, and share video clips. NYU Stream can be used for academic and instructional purposes, cocurricular activities, and for personal use. Similar to a YouTube environment, NYU Stream will encode your video and provide you with a link that can be shared via an embedded code or by accessing NYU Stream directly.
NYU Stream now uses the Kaltura Falcon Edition to provide clients with a more optimally functioning video service. NYU Stream offers a host of features to help clients manage and share their video content, including:
- Webcam uploads
- Create channels and grant permissions for content sharing
- Embeddable playlists
- Likes and comments
- Screen capture (works only in Firefox and Safari with the Java 7 Applet update)
- Live Streaming
Accessing NYU Stream
NYU Stream is available to NYU students in degree and diploma programs as well as administrators and staff in both NYU New York and NYU's global and study abroad locations.
Help & Training
The ServiceLink knowledge base contains a variety of FAQs and training videos to support the use of NYU Stream. If you are unable to find an answer to your question, please see the Training article listed below for information about one-on-one support, or contact the IT Service Desk.
- Creating & managing media
- Media requirements and specifications
- Video encoding recommendations
- Adaptive streaming
- Uploading media
- Recording with a webcam
- Deleting a video
- Changing your video's thumbnail
- Downloading your media
- Screen Recording tool
- Best practices for Screen Recording
- Commenting on a video
- Liking a video
- Editing media
- Trimming a video
- Searching through channels and categories
- Sharing a video link
- Adding a caption file to an entry
- Embedding content
- Publishing content
Page last reviewed: February 24, 2015