search the site
did you know?
- There are a variety of online tutorials and other information about NYU Stream in the Ask ITS knowledgebase (see Help & Training, below).
- The Digital Studio provides one-on-one training to NYU faculty, staff and students interested in digitizing audio/video materials and streaming services in support of instruction or research.
- NYU Stream enables students and faculty across the Global Network University to communicate in new, meaningful ways. Click here to learn more.
Important Note for NYU Abu Dhabi
If you are located at NYU Abu Dhabi and experience issues while uploading files, please see the Ask ITS knowledgebase for more information.
NYU Stream is a streaming media service that provides users with the ability to upload, record via web-cam, manage, and share video clips. NYU Stream can be used for academic and instructional purposes, cocurricular activities, and for personal use. Similar to a YouTube environment, NYU Stream will encode your video and provide you with a link that can be shared via an embedded code or by accessing NYU Stream directly.
NYU Stream currently uses the Kaltura Enterprise Dragonfly Edition for optimal video service. With NYU Stream, you can:
- Upload files with a 2GB file limit.
- Manage your content using your "My Media" library.
- Share your content:
- Via URL: only accessible for NYU Stream eligible clients, NYU login required.
- Via embed link: for sharing outside the NYU community.
Accessing NYU Stream
NYU Stream is available to NYU students in degree and diploma programs as well as administrators and staff in both NYU New York and NYU's global and study abroad locations.
Help & Training
The Ask ITS knowledgebase contains a variety of FAQs and training videos to support the use of NYU Stream. If you are unable to find an answer to your question, please see the Training solution listed below for information about one-on-one support, or contact the IT Service Desk.
- Recording with a webcam
- Media requirements and specifications
- Video encoding recommendations
- Adaptive streaming
- Uploading media
- Publishing content
- Embedding content
- Creating a playlist
- Deleting a video
Page last reviewed: March 13, 2013