search the site
- Activate Your NetID
- Activate Your Data Jack
- The Work Tab in NYUHome
- Desktop Support for NYU Departments
- Other IT Helpdesks at NYU
Activate Your NetID
To obtain a network connection to NYU-NET (the University's network and gateway onto the Internet) and to NYUHome (the University's web portal), you will first need to activate your NYU NetID (Network IDentification). All NYU faculty and staff members, as well as students enrolled in degree or diploma programs, are provided with a NetID, which usually appears on the back of your NYUCard. Once it is activated (see Your NetID and Password for instructions), you will use your NetID in combination with a password that you set to access many services at NYU. Your NetID is also used as a component of your official NYU email address.
Activate Your Data Jack
In most cases, the data jack in your office will be activated before your first day of work. If it is not or you believe there is a problem with it, locate your department's system administrator or general administrative assistant to request activation or diagnostic tests (using the Communications Request Form). Once it is activated, your data jack will provide a fast Ethernet connection to NYU-NET and the Internet.
The Work Tab in NYUHome
Administrative staff and some faculty have access to the Work tab in NYUHome. This tab enables you to access the many administrative applications on NYU-NET that you may need to perform your job. If you are an NYU staff member or administrator and can not see a Work tab in NYUHome, contact the IT Service Desk.
Desktop Support for NYU Departments
ITS offers enhanced on-site and telephone computer support services to NYU departments through a subscription service. Faculty and staff from subscribing departments can contact ITS Computer Support Services staff through a dedicated phone number and a dedicated email address. We are committed to providing timely and reliable support to NYU faculty, staff, and administrators. Our staff is on call to help you, so that you can devote more time to your work. An annual fee per computer provides each subscriber with these priority services. For more information, go to www.nyu.edu/its/support/desktop.
ITS also provides a variety of support options for departmental administrative systems. For more information, see www.nyu.edu/its/support/admin.
Other IT Helpdesks at NYU
Several NYU Schools offer their own IT support, separate from ITS' services:
- NYU Stern School of Business: www.stern.nyu.edu/it; Tisch Hall UC-49; 1-212-998-0180; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU School of Law: www.law.nyu.edu/technology; 40 Washington Square South, Room B1; 1-212-998-6111; email@example.com
- NYU School of Medicine: www.med.nyu.edu/it; 545 First Avenue, GBH SC2-199; 1-212-263-HELP; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU Colleges of Dentistry & Nursing:
- For Students and Academic course-related technologies: Office of Dental Informatics, 433 1st Avenue, Room 362 Weissman: email@example.com
- For NYUCD employees using NYU-owned equipment: Office of Information Systems, 1-212-998-9814: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For PMV, MDR, Competency, Course Schedules, Student Clinical Appointments, Student Rosters and other NYUCD ISI web applications: email@example.com
- NYUCN Computer Help Desk, 246 Greene Street, Basement; 1-212-998-5623
Page last reviewed: May 5, 2014