search the site
Fourth Street Academic Technology Center &
Digital Video & Audio Studio
35 West 4th Street, 2nd Floor
Regular Semester Hours
did you know?
The ITS Advanced Media Studio is also located at 35 West 4th Street, 2nd Floor, but is a separate facility.
This center's resources are open to all NYU students in degree and diploma programs, faculty and staff, and Lab Access Account holders. For information about obtaining such an account, visit the ITS Accounts section.
Computer Platforms Available
- Internet access
- Web browsers
- The Microsoft Office Suite
- Laser printing
- Lab staff to assist students in the basics of using an ITS student lab and other ITS resources such as NYU Classes and NYUHome
- Flatbed scanners equipped with film adapters (positive and negative)
- Audio, video, and image editing
- Web and print publishing
- 3 video editing stations and transfers between VHS, mini-DV and DVCAM
- 6 video editing systems for short quality video pieces using the mini-DV standard and Apple's FinalCutPro or Avid editing software
- 3 ProTools audio systems with Roland MIDI keyboards
- High quality scanning of positive and negative film and reflective film
- Printing on medium format archival & non-archival printers
- 2 video editing booths for advanced students and faculty working on larger video post-production projects. Primarily used to edit analog Betacam SP source materials, in addition to mini-DV, DVCAM, and DVC-Pro digital formats.
- Large format printing with archival and non-archival output.
Note: Specialized resources (video, audio, assistive technologies) are available by in-person request. Please stop by the Center to schedule a reservation.
For a complete list of the software applications, hardware, peripherals, and other equipment available at each ITS lab location, see Software packages available for use at ITS labs and Technology resources available at ITS labs.
CD-R, CD-RW, and USB and Firewire devices (general); DVD-R, CD-RW, mini-DV, DVCAM, and DAT. Video dubbing rack format: DVCAM, Betacam SP, Hi-8, S-VHS, VHS, mini-DV (specialized).
The Fourth Street Academic Technology Center also houses a podcasting studio equipped for video and audio production and post-production, as well as having specialized resources for the creation of podcasts, including ProfCast and Powerpoint. For more information on podcasting resources at NYU, see www.nyu.edu/its/podcasting. Hours are the same as the Fourth Street Academic Technology Center hours (above).
Page last reviewed: September 2, 2014