search the site
did you know?
A variety of technical requests — registration for a new computer on NYU-NET, NetIDs for faculty and staff hired in Singapore, or technical assistance — can be submitted online. See the Technical Request Forms for more information.
- Tisch School of the Arts Asia: Technical Support At a Glance
- Your NetID and NYUHome Service
- Technical Request Forms
- About International Client Services Support
Tisch School of the Arts Asia:
Technical Support At a Glance
Whether you're in New York City, Singapore, or somewhere in between, ITS is committed to supporting your technology needs for your academic and administrative efforts. Please browse through these pages to find instructions on setting up and managing your ITS accounts and equipment, answers to common computer and technology questions, and methods of contact for additional assistance.
You can always contact the IT Service Desk, your technology helpdesk, by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1 212-998-3400. The answers to many common computer-related questions can also be found in the ever-growing collection of ServiceLink service listings, references, and support articles.
- More information coming soon!
The Tisch Asia campus is part of NYU-NET and features Internet access and NYU Google Apps for students, faculty, and staff.
- Desktop services are supported by on-site IT staff.
- Network services are provided and supported by ITS.
- Telephone services are provided and supported by ITS.
- Technical support by phone, email, and web via the IT Service Desk.
- Bobst Library resources are available through NYU Libraries Online for Study Abroad students, faculty, and staff: http://library.nyu.edu/services/abroad.html.
- Albert Online is available for students.
For more information about Tisch Asia, visit: http://www.tischasia.nyu.edu.sg.
Your NetID and NYUHome Service
As members of the Tisch Asia community, as well as the greater NYU community, you are entitled to many online resources, not the least of which is NYUHome (home.nyu.edu), your portal to NYU email, NYU licensed software, news and announcements, file storage and sharing, and administrative applications. To take advantage of these many resources, however, you must first activate your NYU NetID.
All NYU faculty and staff members, as well as students enrolled in degree or diploma programs, are provided with a NetID (Network IDentification). Your NetID is a combination of your initials and a few random numbers, e.g., aqe123, and is usually printed on the back of your NYUCard. It is different from your University ID, which is also printed on your NYUCard but is a longer string of numbers and starts with an "N". Once activated (see below), your NetID is your key to many NYU online resources including NYUHome. Your NetID is also used to create your default NYU Email address (e.g., email@example.com).
Activating your NetID
You can activate your NetID at any time, from any Internet-connected computer, using the ITS Start page (http://start.nyu.edu/). If you know your NetID (it is usually printed on the back of your NYUCard), enter it in the appropriate field and click "Start!"; if not, follow the instructions at the top of the page. Then, complete the steps for setting up a password (visit the Security pages for password tips) and activating your NYUHome service. If you encounter any problems, contact the IT Service Desk.
Connecting to NYUHome
NYUHome (http://home.nyu.edu/) is an online service that provides information and facilitates collaboration, interaction, and communication for all NYU students, faculty, and staff. It is a portal to many web-based services and tools. All NYU community members with access to NYUHome use their NYU NetID and password to log in. For more information and activation instructions, see the NYUHome Help pages.
Technical Request Forms
The following links lead to online forms that can be filled out and submitted to ITS for some specific types of requests.
- Computer Registration Request for International Sites: This form should be used to request network registrations for laptop and desktop computers to be used at NYU's international sites with ITS-provided network services (including Tisch Asia).
- Request a NetID: Complete this form to reqest an NYU NetID for a Tisch Asia community member (authorized sponsors only).
Page last reviewed: October 23, 2014