search the site
The following are some frequently asked questions:
- What is a NetID? How do I activate my NetID?
- What is NYUHome? How do I access it?
- I forgot my NYUHome and e-mail password and password hint. How can I reset them?
- I can't see one or more of my courses in Blackboard. What can I do?
- I have lost or deleted some of my NYU E-mail messages. Can it be restored?
- How do I create a personal NYU website?
- Can I set up a personalized address for my NYU e-mail?
- I am trying to access NYU Libraries' e-resources. What is EZ Proxy? Do I need to configure anything in my web browser?
- How do I configure my e-mail using a program such as Thunderbird or Outlook?
Need More Help?
NYU and ITS offer a variety of places you can go for assistance with any issues you may run into while using University IT resources:
- Local IT support specialists are the best first point of contact for any technology-related issues that you may experience while abroad. To get in touch with them, see the contact information on the Ask ITS Helpdesk page.
- The ITS website (www.nyu.edu/its) contains hundred of pages of information and FAQs that will help you configure and maintain your connection to NYU technology resources, including e-mail, NYUHome, your personal webpage, Libraries resources, and other valuable services.
- Ask ITS is your online IT Service Desk, providing you with a convenient place to search for service listings and self-help references (askits.nyu.edu). You can also access the Ask ITS request form, as well as software downloads, news, security alerts, and more, through the Ask ITS area of NYUHome.
- The IT Service Desk in New York is also on hand to assist when needed; see the Ask ITS Helpdesk page for hours and contact information.
Page last reviewed: July 15, 2011