search the site
ServiceLink Knowledge Base
Most ITS support information is now available through the ServiceLink knowledge base.
Click here to search the knowledge base now »
NYU Google Apps for Education
- Visiit the NYU Google Apps for Education page for an overview of the various services, including NYU Email, Calendar, Docs, Chat, Groups and Sites. Or, click here to search the ServiceLink knowledge base.
Browse the Computer Security FAQs for a variety of frequently asked questions and answers relating to protecting your computer and data.
NetID & Password FAQs
Connecting to NYU-NET, ResNet and NYURoam Wirelesss
See the Connecting On-Campus and Connecting Off-Campus pages for the latest information. For information about ResNet, see www.nyu.edu/its/resnet/ or the browse the ServiceLink knowledge base. For information about NYURoam wireless, see www.nyu.edu/its/wireless or explore the ServiceLink knowledge base.
Using Mobile Devices at NYU
See the NYU Smart Phones and Mobile Devices page for NYU-provided phones, or search the ServiceLink knowledge base for a variety of support, including instructions on how to configure your device to connect to NYURoam, NYU Email, etc.
File Transfer (FTP) and Secure File Transfer (SFTP)
- What is file transfer (FTP & SFTP)?
- General Information about FTP
- How do I transfer files with Fugu (for Mac OS X)?
- How do I transfer files with Fetch (for Mac OS X)?
- How do I transfer files with WinSCP (for PC)?
Coursework Computer Accounts
- I want my students to have Internet accounts at the beginning of the semester. They will use these accounts for e-mail and Internet access only. Do I need to apply for a Coursework Account?
- Can I apply for the students as a group?
- I want my students to use Netscape or Internet Explorer in the labs and at home in order to do research for my class. How do I do this?
- How do I, as the instructor, and my teaching assistant receive coursework computer accounts?
- How long will a coursework computer account remain active?
- The students I teach are non-degree students but I would like them to have access to the Internet and to e-mail for work they will do in my class. Is this possible?
- May I bring my entire class to the lab for hands-on training?
- Can you clarify which coursework accounts provide which services?
- I would like a mailing list set up for my class. What steps do I need to take to ensure that we have this service for our class?
- The class I teach is cross-listed between schools. Can I fill out one form for both classes?
Page last reviewed: February 7, 2014