search the site
New Web Publishing service rollout
After a successful, year-long pilot exploring the functionality of the blogging platform WordPress, NYU is pleased to report that we soon be launching a new Web Publishing Service, powered by WordPress technology.
We anticipate that the service will be available mid-August 2014. Therefore, at this time, while you may continue to update your existing blog, no new blogs may be created on the NYU Blogs server.
Information on how to access the new service, how to create a new website or blog, and how to migrate existing NYU Blogs-based content to the new service will be provided shortly. In the meantime, for support on the use of the NYU Blogs service, see below.
- Who has access to NYU Blogs?
- How do I log into NYU Blogs?
- How do I create a blog?
- How do I delete a blog?
Who has access to NYU Blogs?
NYU Blogs is available to all NYU current faculty, staff, affiliates, and students with NYU email accounts. With proper sponsorship, University affiliates may also access the NYU Blogs server.
How do I log into NYU Blogs?
Direct your web browser to http://blogs.nyu.edu and click the Login link in the upper-right corner of the NYU Blogs homepage. Enter your NetID and password when prompted.
How do I create a blog?
Please see the notice at the top of the page about NYU's transition to the new Web Publishing service.
How do I delete a blog?
Note: Once a page is deleted, it cannot be undone. ITS cannot retrieve accidentally deleted pages.
If you've created a blog site that you no longer wish to use, do the following to remove the blog and all entry and comment content:
- Click the Main Menu link.
- From the right-hand System Shortcuts menu, select the option for Weblogs.
- Put a checkmark in the box next to the blog that you wish to remove.
- Click the trash can icon on the right side to delete the blog. You'll be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete this weblog?". If you're certain that you wish to remove the blog and all entry and comment content, click OK.
- The blog will be removed.
Note: The blog chosen for deletion must be populated with content.
Page last reviewed: July 31, 2014