If you receive an I-515A upon entry but will leave the United States within the 30-day period of I-515A admission, you should fax the following to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) at 703-603-3597 Attn: I-515A Processing Team. The government has indicated that this will satisfy the compliance requirement for such individuals.
- A copy of the signed I-20
- A copy of the Form I-515A
- A copy of I-94 record (front and back)
- A copy of airline ticket or other confirmation of departure itinerary within the 30 day window.
- A signed statement/explanation of your intention to depart the US by the 30th day.
If these documents are not received by the SEVP I-515A Unit before you travel, it could cause you to appear not to have complied with the I-515A requirements, and could result in future issues when trying to leave or re-enter. Please be sure to keep careful records and copies of everything you send or fax to SEVP.