In order to qualify for Economic Need work permission employment, you must meet the following criteria
- Have been a full-time student at NYU for at least one academic year.
- Have a DS-2019 issued by NYU.
- Be able to document that the circumstances which led to your economic situation were unexpected and beyond your control. Examples include evidence of unexpected currency fluctuations, or the unexpected loss of employment or unexpected medical expenses incurred by you or your financial sponsor.
- Be capable of continuing full-time studies and maintaining J-1 status while engaged in Economic Need work permission.
- You do NOT need a job offer to apply for Economic Need work permission.