Procedure to Apply
Applying for International Organization employment authorization is a two-step precess: (1) obtain an OGS recommended I-20; then (2) apply to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(1) In order to obtain an OGS recommended I-20, you must come to the OGS with the following documents:
- Your I-20, I-94 record, and passport
- A job offer letter from a recognized international organization
- A letter from your academic advisor, stating the following: (a) that you are in good academic standing; (b) your anticipated completion of studies date; and (c) his or her recommendation that you accept this internship.
An OGS advisor will review your application materials. If you are eligible, the advisor will recommend you by issuing an updated I-20 with a recommendation for international organization employment. Please allow up to 10 days for processing time.
(2) Apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once you have received your updated I-20, you can then apply for International Organization employment authorization. Do not prepare these materials until you have received your updated I-20. Your complete application packet includes:
Once you have prepared all of the above materials, mail your application to USCIS. For those residing in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, the address for private courier service is:
2501 S. State Hwy, 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75067
If you use an address in a different part of the U.S., please speak with an OGS advisor to find out the appropriate USCIS mailing address.